Members of the Department of Mathematics
Department of Mathematics was established in 1996. At the beginning, the department had only 7 members selected from the lecturers of the departments of Analysis, Algebra and Geometry of Faculty of Mathematics & Physics. Currently, The Department consists of 21 members: 03 Associate Professors, 8 PhDs, 04 PhD students and 06 Masters.
The Department of Mathematics consists of 3 specialized divisions which are:
- Probability & Statistics
There are two labs in Department of Mathematics. Each has 41 computers that are used to teach practice informatics for undergraduate and graduate students of College of Natural of Sciences.
- Teaching Advanced Mathematics and Probability & Statistics to undergraduate students majoring in Laws, Economics, Agriculture, Engineering at general stage
- Training undergraduate program of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Training graduate programs of Analysis, Probability & Statistics
- Doing scientific researches in Vietnam and collaborating with international organizations regarding to Statistics and Mathematical models.
Applied mathematic students attend the math summer school in Đắk Lắck, 18-31/07/2022
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics. After graduating, learners can apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics in teaching, research, etc.
We provide fundamental knowledge of mathematics (especially in Statistics) for undergraduate students in applied mathematics major. We care for practice skills to help learners to be able to solve problems and apply for the real situation.
Beside bachelor degree, the Department also offers Master of Science in Analysis, Algebra, and Probability & Statistics. These programs provide advanced knowledge of mathematics. Based on obtained knowledge from these programs, learners are able to do research, improve professional ability and be well prepared for pursuing Ph.D degree.
- Mathematical models:
- Thermal convection model
- Labor market model
- Malaria transmission model
- HIV epidemic model
- Competition population model
- Model for population growth of Brown Plant hopper
- Model of natural resources
- Statistics Identification: Statistical classification problem, Discrimination statistics problem, Statistical cluster problem
- The application of statistics in medicine and society
- Time series analysis
A statistical workshops organised by the Department of Mathematics
- The PUF project with O'learn University (France)
- The DREAM project with IRD institute (France) in climate change research
- The project with DREAM group and Kyoto University in climate change and disaster research