Department of Mathematics was established in 1996. At the beginning, the department had only 6 members selected from the lecturers of the departments of Analysis, Algebra and Geometry of Faculty of Mathematics & Physics. Currently, The Department consists of 22 members: 6 Philosophy Doctors, 15 masters and 01 bachelor who are following master and PhD degree.
The Department of Mathematics consists of 3 specialized divisions which are:
- Probability & Statistics
There are two labs in Department of Mathematics. Each has 21 computers that are used to teach practice informatics for undergraduate and graduate students of College of Natural of Sciences.
- Teaching Advanced Mathematics and Probability & Statistics to undergraduate students majoring in Laws, Economics, Agriculture, Engineering at general stage
- Training undergraduate program of Applied Mathematics
- Training graduate programs of Analysis, Algebra, Probability & Statistics
- Doing scientific researches in Vietnam and collaborating with international organizations regarding to Statistics and Mathematical models.
The department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics. After graduating, learners can apply the knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics in teaching, research, etc.
We provide fundamental knowledge of mathematics (especially in Statistics) for undergraduate students in applied mathematics major. We care for practice skills to help learners to be able to solve problems and apply for the real situation.
Beside bachelor degree, the Department also offers Master of Science in Analysis, Algebra, and Probability & Statistics. These programs provide advanced knowledge of mathematics. Based on obtained knowledge from these programs, learners are able to do research, improve professional ability and be well prepared for pursuing Ph.D degree.
i) Mathematical models:
- Thermal convection model
- Labor market model
- Malaria transmission model
- HIV epidemic model
- Competition population model
- Model for population growth of Brown Plant hopper
- Model of natural resources
ii) Statistics Identification: Statistical classification problem, Discrimination statistics problem, Statistical cluster problem
iii) The application of statistics in medicine and society
v) Time series analysis
- The PUF project with O'learn University (France)
- The DREAM project with IRD institute (France) in climate change research
- The project with DREAM group and Kyoto University in climate change and disaster research