Welcome to Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences. Established in 1996, the department has developed continuously in all aspects with the total staff members of 28 including 04 Associate Professor, 12 PhD, 9 Masters (6 among those have been studying in Belgium, Korea and Australia) and 4 laboratory technicians.
Two specialized divisions include:
- Division of Organic and Physical Chemistry.
- Division of Analytical and Inorganic Chemistry
The Department offers two Bachelor and two Master training programs, including:
- Bachelor of Chemistry
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Master of Organic Chemistry
- Master of Theoretical and Physical Chemistry
The Department also emphasizes in conducting fundamental researches that foster the sustainable socio-economic development of the region. Strong research fields include:
- Bioproduct (Biofuels, Biosurfactants, Biolubricating Oils and Greases)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Natural Products and Organic Synthesis)
- Isolation and Identification Structure of Natural Products
- Development of Advanced Analytical processes for pharmaceutical, food, nutrient and environmental technologies.